Raj was a member of the task force which drafted the Mauritian insolvency law which came into effect in 2009.
- International arbitration
- Distressed mergers and acquisitions
- Business turnaround
- Cash flow management
- Balance sheet restructuring
Recent assignment highlights
- Appointed Special Manager of The Delphi Bank - the fifth largest bank in Mauritius by the Bank of Mauritius. Eventually appointed Receiver of the bank. Completed a sale of the undertakings of the bank to a joint venture between an overseas bank and a local businessman, transferring the business into a new company, securing bank deposits and ongoing employment for employees.
- Appointed Liquidator of an IATA-approved travel operator. The business had run into financial difficulties and was unable to continue to meet its obligations to its lender. Upon appointment and due to the late involvement of our team there were no other options available other than to cease the trading of the business and realize the assets of the business.
- Appointed Liquidator to a number of businesses established to promote real estate investment opportunities in a range of Mauritian developments to overseas investors. A dispute between the promoters arose and was unable to be resolved. Consequently, the development was unable to progress. Our team was appointed as liquidators. They were able to secure a prompt sale of the land which allowed a settlement of the business’ liabilities and provided a partial return of funds to investors.
- Financial services
- Real estate
- Hospitality and leisure
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (FCA) - Fellow
The British Institute of Management (MBIM) – Member
Associate of The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (ACiArb)
Auditor’s License issued by the Financial Reporting Council (FRC)
The Mauritius Institute of Professional Accountants (MIPA) - Member
Licensed Insolvency Practitioner