Richard is a financial investigation and cross-border asset recovery specialist. He is based in our Cayman Islands office working with clients globally as part of our Asset Tracing & Recovery team.
- Asset preservation
- Dispute Resolution
- Fraud and Corruption in Multiple jurisdictions
- Financial Investigations
- Stakeholder management
Recent assignment highlights
- Conducted a forensic investigation into the laundering of the proceeds from millions of dollars of corrupt oil contracts in South America for disclosure purposes leading to civil recovery actions.
- Worked with the Brunei Darussalem Central Bank (previously the AMBD) and Royal Brunei Police Force to provide advice on the enforcement of financial regulation and the effective investigation of investment fraud cases.
- Led an investigation into a £13million investment fraud in Scotland and provided support to Police Scotland in preparing a criminal case against the individual behind the scheme. Gave evidence in the High Court in Scotland which resulted in a conviction and 14-year prison sentence.
- Led an FCA investigation into a ponzi scheme run by Alex Hope, a self-styled city trader who stole $5.5million from investors to fund a lavish lifestyle. Gave evidence in the Crown Court which resulted in Mr. Hope being convicted of fraud offenses and sentenced to 7 years in prison.
- Financial Institutions
- Regulated entities
Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association - Member (RISA)