Máire has extensive cross-border experience having worked in Europe, the Caribbean, and UAE, and has successfully managed cases in multiple jurisdictions globally.
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Financial Investigations
- Data analysis
- Complex liquidations
- Stakeholder management
Recent assignment highlights
- Led an investigation into the suspected misappropriation of assets by a large debtor of an Irish bank. Asset tracing and investigation confirmed that the debtor had exported over €1m in plant machinery to Nigeria and further investigation confirmed that he was part owner of a gold mine in this jurisdiction which had not been disclosed to the bank.
- Assisted in the provisional liquidation of a telecommunications group with entities in Cayman Islands, Singapore and Vietnam. Investigated the dissipation of assets of the company by the company directors immediately prior to the liquidator’s appointment. Forensic review of company accounts to determine if wrongdoings occurred and provided support to legal counsel in applications to recover the assets.
- Assisted in the administration of a controllership, and subsequent provisional liquidation, of a Broker Dealer in the Cayman Islands. The Broker Dealer held over US$80assets.
- Banking and financial services
- Regulated entities
- Real estate
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - Fellow (ACCA)
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Diploma in Insolvency from Chartered Accountants of Ireland
MSc Financial Services
BSc Financial Mathematics and Economics