Domenico has extensive experience in the use of eDiscovery and forensic data analytics, the compilation of forensic reports, testifying in internal disciplinary hearings and criminal matters, the quantification of losses for civil recovery, fraud risk management, compliance assessments, asset tracing, and the management of investigation teams and projects.
- Forensic investigation
- Data analysis
- Compliance assessments
- Fraud risk management
Recent assignment highlights
- Led investigations into non-compliance with laws and regulations at a British FMCG company’s operations in Zimbabwe and Mozambique. Facilitated consultations with locally appointed attorneys, testified during disciplinary hearings, drafted charge sheets and quantified the potential prejudice for civil recovery and criminal proceedings. Facilitated the quantification of the client’s tax liability in conjunction with the local tax practice.
- Conducted fraud risk management services for a South African-listed telecommunications company. This long-term engagement included the establishment and management of internal governance on broadband projects, the development and delivery of fraud awareness training, integrity due diligence assessments on business partners, and compliance assessments of high-value contracts.
- Managed an anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance assessment at a Swedish manufacturer in the mining, agriculture, and forestry industry. The assessment identified ABAC risks and improved compliance controls within the entity.
- Managed proactive fraud risk management assessments and compliance assessments, and numerous investigations as part of a multi-year internal audit account with a state-owned entity in South Africa.
- Led investigations into the theft of intellectual property, irregular expenditure, supply chain management irregularities, and conflicts of interest in funding agreements for the South African government. Consulted with the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation following the registration of criminal cases.
(FP)SA – The Institute of Commercial Forensic Practitioners
Bachelor of Commerce degree (financial accounting and economics), Stellenbosch University
Program in Forensic and Investigative Auditing, University of South Africa