Angela is recognized as a Global Elite Thought Leader in Investigations and Asset Recovery by ‘Global Investigations Review’ and ‘Who’s Who Legal’, as well as a recommended expert in insolvency. Angela’s clients refer to her “clear and incisive grasp of strategy”, and her ability to keep stakeholders “continually apprised of key issues to achieve effective outcomes.”
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Dispute resolution
- Data analysis
- Complex cross-border issues
- Stakeholder management
Recent assignment highlights
- Appointed as Controller (equivalent to Receiver) and Provisional Liquidator over a Cayman Islands brokerage with AUM of $80 million, to investigate issues of public concern and breaches of the Cayman Monetary Authority Law.
- Appointed Provisional Liquidator over a BVI Holdco, whose subsidiary in the UAE was alleged to be a Ponzi scheme with investors losing over $300million. The recognition of the BVI Order in the DIFC was a legal first for the UAE.
- Acting for a newly elected Government in Asia in investigating money laundering through the central bank with the collusion of high-ranking members of the former government and government agencies. The former President has since been convicted of money laundering.
- Led the forensic investigation into the misappropriation of substantial assets by members of a former regime in South Asia through the central banking system and government-owned entities, supporting multi-jurisdictional litigation for both criminal and civil proceedings in claims exceeding $1billion.
- Financial institutions
- Regulated entities
Restructuring and Insolvency Association - Cayman (RISA)
Association of Certified Chartered Accountants - Fellow (FCCA)
INSOL International - Member
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE)
MSc at London School of Economics in Criminal Justice Policy